Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Starfish~


I read a little story last night that moved me to tears, and thought I would share it.  It is so simple, but makes you realize how important it is if you can help or influence one person in a positive way.

     Thousands of starfish washed ashore.  A little girl began throwing them in the water so they would not die.  "Don't bother dear," the mother said, " it won't make a difference."  The girl stopped for a moment and looked at the starfish in her hand.  " It will make a difference to this one."

I believe God has put us here on this earth to make a difference in some way or another.  A smile, a hello, a gift, an adoption.  For that one little girl that is somewhere in China, maybe she isn't even born yet, but God knows her and she is his, and he is graciously granting us the priveledge to become a forever family to her.  It will make a difference to this one!!

2 comments:

  1. I love that story! I've used that story as an illustration in some of my non-sermon 'talks' before!!! Anyway, I'm glad you find it so inspirational!

    --Jo

    ReplyDelete