Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Busy Few Weeks!

The past month has been extremely busy and some new things happening.   First off I made the decision to homeschool my boys.  Noah who is in Gr. 7 pretty much has been begging me for the past year or two. Isaiah who is in Gr. 4 detests school anyway, so going into homeschooling knowing that he would be done his work at lunch time without homework at night was definately a selling point.

So I will not lie and say it is always easy and wonderful, because it isn't and I have no problem whatsoever sending them back to public school if I have to.  For now though we are trucking through and taking one day at a time.

As for our adoption process, our paperwork has been sent off for a few weeks now and I just recieved word today that it made it to the agency in Ottawa. FINALLY!  They then arrange it how China will accept it and send it back to Elaine in Fredericton who then sends it straight to China.  I am not really sure why the agency doesn't send it, but I don't care as long as someone does and soon. lol

In the mean time the fundraising continues.  I just had another GIANT yardsale, which was a lot of work and my house looking like hoarders for weeks, but it was worth it.  With the money we made from the Adoption Sunday on Sept 5th and the yardsale money, we will have enough to pay the first fees to the agency which is over $3050.




I am also doing a coffee fundraiser over the next year, that hopefully will bring in some funds.  As for yard sales, I don't think I will be having another one for quite a long time.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You sure have been busy haven't you!! Congratulations on meeting your goal!

    ReplyDelete