Wednesday, August 10, 2011

~Home Sweet Home~

Well we've officially been home 5 days now and Keely is doing extremely well.  In China she slept between Chris and I basically because she was stuck to me like glue and I didn't want to stress her out with another separation of putting her in the crib.  Also, we had a King size bed.  But knowing we were coming home to a Queen size bed and she is an extremely rough sleeper, I was determined that she was going to sleep in her own crib.  So the first night home she went in her crib in our room without so much as a whimper and has continued to nap and sleep in her crib.  I lay down on our bed until she falls asleep since she freaks if she thinks I am leaving the room.

The last few days she has been warming up to daddy more and more.  I had him bath her on Monday night; since she loves the bath now; and when I came home from the store, she was all in her pj's in dad's arms waiting at the door happy as can be.  The next day she reached up to him to pick her up.  So relieved it was starting to take a toll on him and me.

She seems to be pretty relaxed when we are home so we have been laying pretty low.  She loves her brothers and is learning how to be gentle with the cats.  Overall, I think things have gone smoothly.  Don't get me wrong, this has been one of the hardest things we have ever done and may ever will be.  We all have some adjusting to do, but looking back on how things have fallen into place I know this little girl was hand picked for our family.  Here are some pics from our first few days home.

No comments:

Post a Comment