Thursday, November 18, 2010

December??

Well, our paperwork is currently going through the authentication process at Family Outreach International in Ottawa.  I am not 100% clear on what that exactly means, but I do know that that is the last step before it is sent back to the NB government and then forwarded on to China.  YAY!  The authentication process usually takes 4 to 6 weeks to complete so I am hoping and praying that before Christmas that everything will be in China. MERRY CHRISTMAS! (I hope)

I received our first substantial invoice from FOI and sent them a good chunk of change which takes care of what they are doing in Ottawa and the translation of all of our documents once in China.  I have never been so happy to get rid of that much money in my life!  

Now that our paper cut days have passed, and we are now in the waiting mode, sending money seems to be the only thing you can do that helps you feel included in the rest of the process. I would like to have the agency on the phone constantly so they could walk me through everything they are doing, but I would imagine they may find that annoying?  So we wait and wait some more and I hold myself back from emailing or calling everyday. 
God give me strength, the wait will be worth it!! 

3 comments:

  1. That would be a most wonderful Christmas present!! It's such a confusing process and the wait can definitely make you feel helpless. I pray that this next step goes through smoothly and swiftly! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's weird how happy we are to give them so much money!! I remember having that exact same feeling when we gave our first big chunk to our agency! Soon we will have our little ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it is sooo exciting!!! Can't wait to all get together and celebrate!

    ReplyDelete