Sunday, February 20, 2011

~Patient Endurance~

ADOPT:  to receive the child of another and treat it as one's own....

WAIT:  to stop until arrival of some person or event, to be temporarily postponed; to be expecting....

PATIENCE:  the quality of enduring with calmness; quiet perseverance....

I wanted to know the Webster's Dictionary definitions of these words so I can visualize mostly what patience looks like.

Overall, I feel I am doing well, (most of the time).  There are the other times when my mind wanders, I over analyze the whole process, and wonder why everything has to take so long.

I know that we haven't been 'officially' waiting that long, but if you calculate from the time that the we officially looked into adoption, was back in March 2009.  Mind you the desire was in my heart long before this. 

When I look back on where we started, I can so clearly see that God has had His hands on our family, how he has changed Chris's heart to be open to adoption, how I so longed for another biological child, but God knew our little girl would not be born from my womb.  He knew that in China there was a woman who would give birth to a baby, she would love her dearly, but in unfortunate circumstances not be able to care for her.  God knew this is how our family would grow and I am so thankful for this.  He has brought us so far and has had His hands completely engraved in this adoption. 

So when practicing patience while waiting to adopt our daughter, I need to remember how far we have come and embrace the sweetness of quiet perseverance.

Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God's will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.  Hebrews 10:36

2 comments:

  1. Aw, make me cry again.
    Lucky little girl!

    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cry everytime I read your Blog.You have a way with words. You always know the right things to say.You are so dedicated to this adoption.I am proud of you for this venture and wanting to share your Love with a little girl in need and so deserving of Love.Your MOM.

    ReplyDelete