Friday, February 25, 2011

Disappointing Update!

Well, I emailed the agency yesterday, hoping that something exciting had happened, but I was wrong.  This is the email I got in return:   

     This month (list was updated this past Monday) was very disappointing – only a handful of children were posted. We placed only two boys. We were unable to find any girls with minor problems.

     How long to a referral will depend upon how many young girls with minor difficulties show up in the next few months, and, of course, how vigorous the competition is for these children. We have accumulated in the past couple of months a rather long list of families seeking young girls and I expect that the same as happened with the other agencies which means that young girls seem to be increasingly difficult to lock.

So, can you say discouraged and disappointed!!  This news for a 'practicing patient/impatient'  person was not what I wanted to hear, but there is absolutely nothing I can do other than pray.  So I will continue to wait, pray and prepare her room in hopes that we will get that call sooner than later.

"What do you mean, 'If I can?" Jesus asked.
"Anything is possible if a person believes."
Mark 9:23

I have been teaching the boys scriptures the last couple of weeks and this is the one they are learning this week:

"Don't be afraid, for I am with you.  Don't be discouraged, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you.  I will hold you up with my victorious right hand."
Isaiah 41:10 

Nough Said!

 

6 comments:

  1. So sorry about this news Kim. You guys are in our prayers and we know with you that our God has the perfect plan for your family! He will orchestrate every detail just perfectly for you, i know that. Its not easy though, i know that too :(

    Sending you love

    the Stozeks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear Kim, but the timing all will mean something in the end!!! Keep your hopes up! I love your family.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you and your family. She's there...I know you know. There was a point with Sage where I was certain it wasn't going to happen. That I was going to have to say good-bye to that little girl I had grown to love from a photo. God led me to fast and pray...and on my last day of fasting, God moved BIG..like only God can.

    You are in the right place, Kim. Your heart is open wide for Him to move, he is adding chambers to it as you wait..making more room for love and greater capacity to understand just how good He is... Hang on tight. You are going to have a glory-story. I know it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wait in adoption can be so extremely hard. I read the other day...God uses the time we wait to mold us into the parents He needs us to be for the children He is sending our way. I like that--God is certainly preparing you and your daughter for when she comes home. He wastes nothing!!! Hang onto His truth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone, it helps knowing that others wait and pray with you and that God isn't just sitting back. He is working just as hard in preparing a way for her to get home. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wait is definitly a refining process isn't it?....it's hard, but God is there and He feels it too...but His timing is always better than ours. We just heard we won't be traveling in April, looking more like end of May 1st of June...6 months after referral...but God is good all the time and I have to put my trust in Him...(daily):o).

    Timely scripture for your boys to learn :o)....just when we think we are the teachers hey?....humm, God is cute like that sometimes...in a very wise way that is.

    Hugz girly!

    ReplyDelete