Monday, April 18, 2011

7-1=Progress

So we did move up a spot in March and are now the sixth family in line for an under 24mo. girl.  The new shared list will be coming out either this week or next and who knows if we will move another spot?!

I was a bit discouraged when I was told from the agency that they figured they would average matching one under 24mo. girl a month, so that would put us into September before we could possibly get a referral. :(  Mind you that could fluctuate in either direction.  They may match 2 this month or none, so it is so hard to say when our referral may come. 

Regardless of when our referral does come, we will still need a substantial amount of funds to bring her home, other fees and an orphanage donation of $5000.

Fundraising over the winter has not been on my to do list.  With constant hockey, homeschooling and with having worked my butt off with previous fundraising, you could say that I was a bit burnt out.  Also, knowing that we do not owe anymore fees until we have a referral makes it seem like I have a bit of time yet.  I also feel like at this point I need to have that picture of the precious little girl that will join our family.  So others can see her and know that they are apart of the journey to get her home. 

This past week I realized that I cannot wait for her referral, I have to continue to fundraise so we will have what we need.  I have had my fathers 1973 Thunderbird on Kijjii for the past year and this week; actually tomorrow; there is a guy coming to buy it.  So that is $4900 going into our adoption fund.  Thanks Dad (Grampy)!!!   I am also continuing my coffee fundraiser and I am still working on some quilts.  If anyone has any other "Easy" fundraising ideas, PLEASE let me know.

I am hoping I can get an update from the agency this month to see if anything has changed, so I shall let you know if I do find out something.  Thank you to all of you praying for our daughter and for our family during our wait.  Here's hoping for a referral sooner than September!

6 comments:

  1. I will do whatever I can do to help when I get back to New Brunswick! And with the money from the thunderbird, you will nearly have your entire orphanage donation!

    Can't wait for Keely :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that it will be sooner and the wait will be over.We are so proud of you and what you want to do to help some little girl,who will be your Daughter and our Grandaughter.Love You!!!!! You have such a kind heart and compassion for others. Proud to have you as my Daughter~~~~~~~~~~~.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you may have to wait until September as I know that seems like forever away but so thankful that you're not in the 5 - 8 Year wait that so many of my friends are in!

    What fun it will be to celebrate your referral with you! Hoping the new list comes out soon.

    (A new reader from the Canadians Yahoo group)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do the new list(s) come out internationally at the same time? Just read on Rumor Queen that a new list came out last night. Hopefully this means your number is reduced even further!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Catherine, I could never handle the 5 to 8 year wait. I can't even imagine having to wait that long.

    The list did come out, but it was rather disappointing news again. My agency only matched two boys. =(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you for a referral off of May's list.

    ReplyDelete