Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Update!

This month our agency matched two young girls with cleft lip/palate.  We were informed that there are currently 3 families ahead of us with similar requests.  That was very encouraging to know that we are 4th, or so I thought until I read the rest of the email.  This is the email I received:
Kim;

The placements this month were for girls afflicted with CL&P. There are three families ahead of you that would accept a girl with similar age and med condition parameters as you.

By far, the most common request is for young girls without CL&P. This is a worldwide phenomenon which results in vigorous competition (among 70 to 80 agencies) for such children. We have seen the  intensity of the competition increase rapidly month over month. These young girls are now visible on the list for less than a second.

It is hard to get a fix on the number of young girls without CL&P that are posted each month but it is likely in the area of 15 or 20. It is really impossible to say how long it will take to resolve our list of families seeking these children.  Nowadays, the attempt to reserve a young girl rarely succeeds.

Bob

Ok.......... can you imagine for less than a second that these girls are visible and the attempt to reserve a young girl rarely succeeds????!!!!

Is it just me or does this NOT sound encouraging?  So the question is: How patient are we??  Should we up our age to 3 or 4 which would only slightly make a difference, do we accept cl/p when we live in a remote location, far away from surgeons/speech therapy, etc.   

In the next few weeks we will be meeting with our Social Worker to update our homestudy. (I can't believe that it has been a year) So the decision will have to be made whether we will change our request or continue to wait possibly another year or 2!  

I really want to give God control in this situation.   I would love to sit back, not stress and wait for His miraculous works to take place, but it is so hard to do.  I actually am not even sure how to even start to go about it.  Ultimately I want what He wants and I want to make the right decision for our family.  God knows the little girl that will be our Keely, and I really pray that he gives me the wisdom and peace in whatever decision we make.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment