Wednesday, September 19, 2012

IWK We Will See You Soon!

So next week we will be heading to Halifax for Miss K's CT Scan and Pre-Op at the IWK.  We thought this was supposed to take place in Saint John, but we find out 3 months later that we never could have had it done there anyway.  Apparently Keely will have to be sedated and they will not do that to children her age in Saint John. :(
Then Oct. 5th is the big SURGERY day! :(  I have tried not to stress to much over this because I know it has to be done to correct her knee.  Don't get me wrong I will do my fair share of stressing the days before, during and after when she is trying to adjust to a cast for six weeks!  
This will be the first surgery we have had to deal with as parents.  I imagine a blubbering mommy as they wheel her off to the OR with her panda and blanket.  She has become more and more stuck to me lately and pretty much doesn't want me to leave her side.  It is always "mon mommy" as she pulls my hand to wherever she has in her head she wants me to go.  Ugh, this will be hard!
A few of my stresses for after the surgery: the pain that she will be in and not understanding why she is in that pain.  Why she has a hard, heavy white thing on her leg and that she can't move it very well.  Sleeping at night.(Because this mama likes her uninterrupted sleep) I feel like this may be an issue for a bit.  This doesn't sound like someone who hasn't been thinking about it does it??  Regardless, what will be will be and we will deal with all it brings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment