Monday, May 17, 2010

~APPROVED!!!!!!!!!~

 
There has always been a special branch on our family tree just for you!

I know this is a few days late, but things have been very busy lately with me starting a new job at Sailer's Landing and a number of other things.

So last Wednesday, May 12th; the day after our 14th wedding anniversary; I picked Judy up at the ferry at 11am.  Well it was supposed to be 11 but the wonderful crap ferry was a half and hour late.  No worries though we had lots of time, she wasn't leaving us until 3.

Our last meeting was very casual, I showed her around our house and she loved our view.  She finished up with Chris's last interview and then just basically asked some more questions.  I can't even really remember what questions actually, so it was nothing too serious.  I had made us a little lunch, and then Chris went to pick up the boys from school.  They were quite upset as you can imagine.(NOT)  If I have talked with any of you before this you knew I was a bit nervous about her talking with the boys, because after all kids will be kids and you never know what they may come out with.  With our boys being almost 12 and 9 they know how to freak you out.  A few different nights while trying to get them to have showers or go to bed at a decent hour, they would threaten us, yes threaten us!  "You wait till Judy comes, I am going to tell her you beat us".  Well you know what it didn't work, I know better and I assumed so would Judy.  Worries aside though the meeting with the boys went really well, as usual they were kind of shy, so they really didn't say much until she started talking hockey with Noah. 

Around 2:30 she started to pack up to head to the ferry.  It was killing me to know whether she had approved us or not, so I said "when will we know if we are approved".  She said, " I would have never went this far with you if I wasn't going to give you my approval."  PHEWWW!  So in a week or so we should be receiving our dossier to proof read and then she will send it off to the NB government.  It should take about a month or so to "officially" get government approval.

I contacted the agency we will be using in Ottawa, Family Outreach International, and had a really encouraging chat with a guy about the waiting child program.  He really can't give us a time frame, but it really might not be that long of a wait. I really hope this will be the case!

So all of my doubts and stress thinking we may not be approved for some reason, was well rediculous.  I feel so priveledged and blessed to be given this opportunity.  Thank you to everyone who prays for our adoption and please continue to pray for a speedy adoption and for our daughter and her caregivers.  I pray that if she is born that she is being well taken care of and if she is not born that her birth mom is healthy and is taking care of herself.  Amen

Now more fundraising!! Prayer for that would be excellent too!

3 comments:

  1. So glad that big step is over!
    Now onto more! :)

    Love youuu

    -Cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news!! We're praying for your little girl, too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good news! Isn't it crazy how much we worry and stress about "passing" stuff like this. I would have, too. I am praying for your baby and her birth mama. <3

    ReplyDelete