Monday, May 3, 2010

~ BLesSed ~

So I had my GIANT yard/bake/quilt sale on Saturday, and was completely blown away by it.  I went into it thinking I possibly might make around $600ish, but didn't want to over estimate and be disappointed.  I had so many people donate a lot of great stuff, that it looked like it was a 3 family yard sale.

So that morning as I was getting ready, I had a little conversation with myself and God.  I thought: wouldn't it be amazing if I actually made enough to pay for the rest of the homestudy!!  Oh really Kim, it is a yard sale!?  As then I continued to say to God, "I know it is possible with you", but I still didn't want to get my hopes up.(Oh ye of little faith!)  God had a plan!!

So at 10am we opened the doors of the hall and the people came.....A Lot of people came!  I was quite overwhelmed and basically in a panic as people piled up to pay for things, but thanks to Joy and Kim Cruikshank they were great at handling the madness.  So I took care of the food aspect and was perfectly content to do so.  Thanks to Jenni and Terri Parker who also were amazing help!

So as it slowed down, Joy counted the total, she looked at me and smiled and said, "you did really well!! You have over $800 so far."  And this was maybe an hour into to the sale.  I was completely shocked and very happy!  One o'clock came and she totaled the rest and it was over $1200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us. Ephesians 3:20

Got it God!! I knew or I wanted to believe that I knew that God could do this, but He wanted me to KNOW that He could do this!!  So I officially have enough to pay the rest of the homestudy fee!  Praise God, that is such a huge relief.

Oh really Kim, it is a yard sale!?  I am sure God laughs at our lack of faith sometimes and gets really excited at the chance to show Himself to us.

Thanks again to anyone that helped in anyway, and to those that purchased, prayed and donated.  Especially God!XO

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad!! Wish we weren't off the island that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! That is incredible!! Yay God for giving such incredible gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...that's all I can say...wow! God is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for all of you Kim-you are working so hard for this and I just know that it will all work out and that beautiful baby girl will be brought into such a wonderful family-she has no idea how blessed she will be and I know you will all be also-love you!
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim... I love it when God shows up and shows off!! It was such a honour to help you!
    I love you!
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was an honour to have you help!! Thanks again. Love you!

    ReplyDelete