Thursday, May 27, 2010

Next!

Yesterday, we received our homestudy report to review and make any corrections before Judy presents it to "the panel", which I believe she said she is going on June 2. Panel is just another stage of approval before everything goes to Fredericton for Provincial Approval. 

Anyway, it was really strange to have our whole lives summarized into 21 pages, but the most amazing and wonderful thing I read was:  
After carefully considering all information available during the preparation of this report, Chris and Kim Rayner are recommended to adopt from China a female child as young as possible and under age two at the time of referral. 
EEEKK!!!!  This absolutely brought tears to my eyes.  Sometimes I can't believe that this is actually happening and that some day in the not so far away future we will have a Daughter, Noah and Isaiah will have a mei mei (little sister) and our parents will be grandparents to a special little girl. (Other than Cass)lol

Did you know: In China there are more than 40,000 orphanages with an estimated 3 million orphans.

 2 out of 5 babies entering the system die.

Matthew 18:5 "Anyone who welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me."

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you!!

    And I love the other than Cass part... Haha.

    <3

    Cassidy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!!!! SO happy for you guys and can't wait until you are able to hold your little girl in your arms. =)

    ReplyDelete