Monday, November 21, 2011

Miss K's Birdcage Light!

I have been searching for the perfect light for Keely's room for awhile now and of course the ones I have seen that I liked were close to or over $300.  I wouldn't even pay that for a light for my room!

So while looking for cheaper lights, I came across an image of a do-it-yourself birdcage light.  I thought it was absolutely adorable and it would go with the Chinese theme in her room.  All throughout the parks in China people take their bird cages and set them in the trees so they can hear their birds sing while they're there.

So I went on ebay and found a metal birdcage that I liked, bid on it and won it.
Before!

Went to HH and got the wire, socket and spray paint and thanks to my wonderful husband who hooked it up, voila!  All for under $70.
Keely helping!

After!
I am in LOVE with this light!  It is so cute in her room!

3 comments:

  1. i love to have beautiful birds with me i like them and also like to give them beautiful homes of their i think all people want this so i would like to thank you dear for sharing it with us so nice of you dear and keep it up for more chinese bird cage

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH beautiful!!! LOVE IT!!! Love the flowers in the corner - are they made with tissue paper??

    ReplyDelete