Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Why Do I Wait So Long?

Before I write a new blog post that is!  Busyness or lack there of.  Just not being able to put words together in this brain or a number of other things I could probably come up with!
It has been about 3 and a half weeks since Keely's surgery.  
Headed to IWK to get the Giant leg wrap off!
 We went back down to IWK last Tuesday (Oct 23) and she had her half cast wrap taken off which was not fun at all!  She screamed and cried and I may of felt a bit queasy myself.  I'm not sure if it was realizing the actual size of her incision or the fact that the Dr. ripped the rest of the bandages off that incision or just the fact that I knew she was very uncomfortable.  Either way it was NO fun at ALL! It broke my heart to see how upset she was over her incision as well.
Daddy trying to distract her from crying at her incision!
 He then sent us for an Xray to make sure everything was still where he had put it and it was!  Then it was brace time.  The brace they put on her wasn't actually the brace they had originally had wanted, but it was still in the process of being made just for her.  So for now we have this one, which still keeps her leg straight and helps to weight bare when she stands and walks.
That ordeal called for an ice cream!
Other than a full week and a half dealing with severe constipation and then being afraid of going on the toilet, she has done amazing with the knee situation. (Thankfully that is resolved!)
 She did have a rough night the first night with her brace on and was a bit more whiny the next day, but after she was used to it she has done great.  We have been able to take it off so she can have a bath and to do her exercises or if she is sitting still.  We may be starting Physio on Thursday with someone that will actually come to the house, which is awesome!
A pretty big cut for a little leg, but it is healing nicely!
 The rest of the clan has been busy getting ready for hockey season.  I fully become a hockey widow and single mom of a 3 yr old. for the next 6 months!  As if that isn't bad enough, my husband decides to let our oldest play on a team on the mainland as well!  Yup 2 hockey teams!!  Insert sigh!  Don't get me wrong, I love that my kids love to play and I love that my husband loves to be their coach, but there needs to be a happy medium.  I want husband/wife and family time that doesn't revolve around me sitting in a cold rink holding down a 3yr old watching from the stands!

No comments:

Post a Comment