Wednesday, April 7, 2010

*The Joys Of Living On An Island*

Well this sums up our day:

~  Wake Up at 5:30 a.m.
~  Get to the ferry at 7
~  Sail for an hour and a half
~  Drive 45mins. to Saint John
~  Wait until 11a.m. for our appointment with Judy
~  Have our appt., which was overall pretty good and only 1hr long.  I hope we answered everything "right".  It basically is in God's hands now if we didn't.
~  Walked to Cora's for lunch(YUM) by the way!
~  Went to look for shoes for Noah, which took maybe 1/2hr.
~  Drove around Saint John and went into furniture places, just to basically look.  Trying to kill time until 3, when we would have to drive back to the ferry.
~  Went to the Super Store and bought a Chinese Money Tree!!(Hoping it works)lol
~  Drove to St. George to get a sub from Subway.
~  Went to the ferry and got home at 7.

It has been a long day and apparently we have to do this 3 more times before she is coming to us in our home.  Hopefully she will combine 2 visits in one, especially considering our ferry is going off for 6 weeks and we will have the "crap" one.

I guess this is another time that I get to practice patience! So here we go....... I am glad this is one step closer to where we want to be.

Chris said to me on the ferry, "This is the part, like pregnancy, where you just wait and enjoy the journey.  There is nothing you can do to speed it up, so just enjoy it and don't stress."
He surprises me sometimes and this was definately one of those times, but I have to admit he is right.

2 comments:

  1. Christopher is a wise one when he wants to be :) I'm glad things overall went good for you guys today!

    -Cassidy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a good reminder from Chris! It's easy to want it to go by fast and then someday we'll look back and wonder why we didn't enjoy the journey more. =) I'm glad everything is going well so far. I'm sure you guys are answering everything wonderfully and hopefully she'll combine the homevisits!
    By the way, Layla loves the song that plays on your blog...she sings along when I'm on here. =)

    ReplyDelete