Wednesday, April 14, 2010

VISIT #2 DOWN - 2 MORE TO GO!!!

We went to St. George yesterday to meet with Judy.  Today we talked about our marriage, faith, discipline and adoption.  The two hours flew by and I left feeling confident and so thankful for the man I am married to and our life together.

This process so far has had many ups and downs, and has been eye opening and fulfilling.  Talking about our marriage, faith and discipline, helped me to realize even more why Chris and I are together.  We are definately on the same page in life.(Minus my dislike of sports)  I am so thankful for that!

Talking about adoption and how our community will react, also helped make this all more real.  As a parent of kids already I never want my children to have to go through discrimination, judgement, or knowing that they are stereotyped a specific way, etc.  But for our future daughter, unfortunately this will be a common occurance.  NOT only for her, but for all of us.  As we learn and grow through this process, we have to prepare ourselves, the boys and our daughter for situations that may arise.  I love our community and I know we have a lot of support, but somewhere, sometime a situation will arise that will be heartbreaking and appauling, but we will be prepared!!

So we have one more visit in St. George and then Judy will come to our home.  I can't believe we are halfway finished our homestudy!!  This is very exciting and hopefully the rest of the visits will go just as well.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful Kim!! I'm so happy for you guys! It seems like a scary process, but it's a really helpful process really! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy, I'm so happy!
    I hope your last couple of visits go well!!
    LOVE YOU.

    -cassidy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Half way point for this leg of it hey!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, after reading a few of your posts I realized we have a lot of the same beliefs and values. Looking forward to following your journey!
    I can e-mail you a few other sites of families who have adopted from the waiting child list from the maritimes and if you have any questions or just need support just send me an e-mail. hitech@eastlink.ca
    I'll be out of commission for a few days, I have surgery, so I may not get back to you right away but would love to connect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimby I just discovered your blog and read it from beginning to end. You and Chris are just amazing and I am so thrilled that everything is going along for you so far. What a lot of work...but it will be soooo worth it. So happy for you! XOXO Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete