Thursday, September 15, 2011

Confidence

When we were in China, Keely slept between us in a King size bed.  Since we were coming home to a Queen size bed I was determined that she was going to sleep in her crib and that she has.  Over the last couple of weeks she had a few rough nights so we ended up putting her in our bed and she would settle right down.

When she has gone to bed or for a nap I have layed on the bed; while she was in the crib; until she had gone to sleep.  Poor little thing sticks her little hand out of the crib constantly to hold my hand until she falls asleep.  It makes me wonder who's little hand she held in the crib beside her and are they wondering where she went? 

So yesterday for her nap I decided to try and get some stuff done after I put her in the crib, she was not happy that I wasn't laying down holding her hand, but I kept going in reassuring her that mommy was not too far away.  After a little bit of a cry she went to sleep and then the mama's guilt and questioning whether I should have done that appeared.  So today I tried again and told her mama was just going to be right out here and low and behold there wasn't a peep and within 5 or 10 minutes she was asleep in the same position I had put her in.  YAY!  I am really hoping it isn't her feeling abandoned and neglected that I wasn't going to get her anyways, but that she is confident her mama will be there when she wakes.

2 comments:

  1. I remember having those same thoughts at bedtime......Only you know the answer to that, but I'm sure your momma's heart tells ya, she's probably a-oK
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cried when I read this post. I cried again when I told my mother about it. I hope the little girl she was holding hands with is now with her own forever family.

    ReplyDelete