Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Keely's Vocabulary!

I thought I would write down so I wouldn't forget what words Keely has picked up in the last month and half at home.

1. Doddy (Dog) and even says wuff wuff when asked what does the doggy say?

2. Tiddy ( Kitty) sometime says mow mow

3. Night Night - Followed by puckering of cute little lips and a hug to her brothers, mama and dada! She always makes sure she has kissed everyone and has to have the hug in there as well. Too Cute!

4. Caa (Car)

5. Oah ( For her big bro Noah)

6. Aiah ( For her big bro Isaiah)

7. Baby

8. Moon ( She loves the book Goodnight Moon and says Night Night after I have read each page and also whispers shhhh with her finger to her mouth)

9. More (still on occasion will use baby sign language for this as well)

10. Wayay (water)

11. Tub ( usually says DaDa Tub, because he usually baths her)

12. Du ( For Duke, Grampy's big German Shepherd whom she loves)

13. Ja ( For Jade, Grampy's horse)

14. Got it

15. Boat

16. No No

17. Noe (points to nose)

18. aa (points to eyes)

19. Biryie (Bird)

20. Rya (Ryan - My friends little boy)

21. Dodie (Josie - My friends little girl)

22. Ma (mouth)

23. Bye Bye

24. Ha (for either Hi or Hot)

I am pretty sure I am probably forgetting a few so I will add to the list when I hear her say another one. Overall she tries to repeat a lot of what we say and seems to understand everything we say to her. She is very smart. She also tries to count, but as we are counting she just seems to want to say Du for each #. LOL

We had her 1st Dr.'s appt. on Sept. 13th and her weight was around 27lbs, can't quite remember what her height was. The Dr. didn't really check her over much, he did look at her knee and ankle and said she would have to see an ortho Dr. after we had an X -Ray done to see what is really going on in there. He also wasn't sure of some of the vaccines that she had had so he is sending us to a Pediatrician. We still haven't got her Medicare card so the appt. cost me $40. :/ She is supposed to go back in 2 weeks after we have gotten the X-Ray, but I may wait until we have her Medicare card.

For some reason figuring out about Medicare, SIN and Family Allowance has been the most confusing part to me. Also, still waiting for the Citizenship card.

Overall, she is "adjusting" well and is a pretty easy going child (most of the time ;P) She is soooo happy and such a loving little girl. She loves to shower us with kisses and hugs and shows sympathy when others seem upset. She has been having some restless nights lately and I am not totally sure why. Some nights it seems she is uncomfortable, and some nights I think she just needs to feel us nearby; whatever the reason a 2yr old with two adults in a Queen size bed does NOT make for a good nights sleep. We get through it though and she always greets us in the early morning with a sweet little smile and even a few kisses if she really is trying to get on our good side. lol

5 comments:

  1. Keely's vocabulary is very impressive. She must be a very intelligent little girl. Of course, the excellent parenting and care she is getting makes such a huge impact on her development.

    She is such an adorable little angel. Thank you for sharing your story and updates on Keely with us. Reading stories helps to make the wait a little easier for waiting families like mine. I am just waiting for my LID which probably already has taken place but I haven't found out yet. DTC was 2 weeks ago today. I most likely have another 5 months which seems to be the norm this year. I've been tracking wait times to referral and it seems to generally be 7 to 9 months from PA. My PA was early June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy, she is definitely a smart cookie and we are enjoying her very much. Hoping it won't be too long and you will have a LID and a referral. Do you have a blog to follow??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just started a blog but so far I've kept it private. I'll send you the link and see if you can ask to join. I'm not sure how it works but I'll accept you. I'm from Sydney, NS so not too far from where you are. See what happens and if you can't join I'll find a way to add you. I only have 2 followers now.( Two other friends who have referrals and are waiting for LOAs.)
    http://followingtheredthreadhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Amy, I says I have to be invited (however you do that)?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've sent an invitation to your yahoo account that I found on the FOI yahoo group. That should get you in! I might make it public but not sure yet.

    ReplyDelete