Sunday, September 11, 2011

Kids.....Say What They Hear!

So on Friday I took miss Keely to visit Isaiah at school during his lunch break.  The kids were all out on the playground, so we headed out to find my boy.  We instantly were surrounded by kids wanting to meet Keely.  They all thought she was pretty cute. 

That was all fine and dandy, Miss K was a bit overwhelmed but was pretty happy to see the familiar face of her bro.  After the initial meeting and greeting, one of the kids gave up their swing so Keely could have a turn, so we pushed her slowly while about 8 kids sat in front of her on the ground.   Then all of a sudden one kid says, "How Much?  I want one!"  Me a bit shocked said "Well she's not for sale!"  Then another little boy says, "Yeah, they already bought her!" 

So that is where I left that conversation with 9yr olds, but it amazes me that people would tell their kids that we "bought" her!!!!  REALLY? 

I am going to be a bit patient about this because unless you have gone through IA, seen all of the different people that are involved from both countries, and the paperwork that obviously has to go through a lot of areas to get to where it is going, then I guess it would look like we just picked up went to China and payed for a baby.  Sometimes though common sense should just prevail, shouldn't it??

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Kim that this is part of IA, praying you navigate these situations well (-:

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. UUGGHH it sucks that there is still sooo much ignorance surrounding IA - I try to see these opportunities as a chance to educate but most of the time I just feel gutted - at least these were innocent comments and not spiteful - they probably all thought it would be great to have a little Keely at home too

    ReplyDelete