Thursday, July 28, 2011

Blessed!!

Well the last few days with our new little girl have been pretty amazing.  Since we are first time adopters, I really had no idea what to expect so I figured I would expect the worst and it would have to be better than that.  But all of my anxiety and fears of it going terribly wrong, so far have been overshadowed by a attaching little girl who each day makes steps to show us that she trusts us and wants to be with only us. 

Yesterday we went to the Yellow Crane Tower, and this was the first time that she would actually get down to walk and hold my hand.  Otherwise it was baby clingon!  She also; since there were tons of steps; would let daddy take her hand so we could help her down the stairs.  She also, calls him BaBa which is super cute, but doesn't want him to take her yet.  She will hand him things and wants him to open food for her.  If I say "go give it to Baba or Dada", she already knows what I am saying and will take it to him.

Today we went to the Museum, and she would get down and sit on the floor and just look at me.  I would say come on get up and she would put her hand up for help.  She even let go of my hand and walked in front of me for a couple of seconds.  It wasn't long though and she turned around and wanted to be picked up again.  She played a bit more freely in the room today and is definitely being more interactive with Cass and Daddy.

She hasn't been eating a lot at meals, and had a little meltdown at supper last night.  We are managing to keep her eating snacks and drinking a lot, but it is so hard to know what she will eat.  She puts stuff in her mouth, chews it and then spits it out, so hopefully when we get home we can get her eating some healthy stuff.

She also has been sleeping about 10hrs at night.  She only will fall asleep if she is laying on top of me though.  She goes into instant panic mode if she thinks I am going anywhere.  We have a King size bed here, so I am not sure how our little Queen bed is going to do when we are home. 

Tomorrow we head back to Beijing, which we are actually really excited about, here in Wuhan the streets are literally packed and you basically risk life and limb if you leave your hotel room.  So from about 9:30 to 11:30 we are with our guide and then she drops us off to spend the rest of the day in our hotel room.  We are staying at the White Rose Hotel and it is a bit out of our league.  If you even go near one of the elevators, a bell boy is there to push the button for you, if you enter onto another floor there are about 5 people standing wondering what you would like.  The food is not good at all(we have spent a fortune on trying to find something on the menu edible, even the American Hamburger didn't taste like meat), so at this point we are dehydrating and starving and a 5 Star hotel in Wuhan. lol

So overall, things are going well with our new little princess, she is very smart and is like a little Molly Made.  I was eating one of her cookies as she was drinking a milk box and she put out her hand for my garbage and took it and her empty milk box to the bathroom and put it in the garbage.  Too cute.  Tomorrow will be her first plane ride, but I am sure she will do fine as long as she can sit on my lap the whole time.

Thank you to all who have been praying for us on this journey.  God has definitely been in every detail and we are very thankful and blessed for the many answered prayers.





4 comments:

  1. Kim! I am so happy for you the Keely is doing so good , what a blessing, I'm praying for you y'all.

    ~Roberta
    FOI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keely is doing so well! That last picture is beyond adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i still can't even believe you therewith her in your arms!! I am just so beyond happy for all of you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today is Aug 6 and I'm wondering how you're all doing. :)

    ReplyDelete