Tuesday, July 12, 2011

* WAITING FOR MEI MEI (Little Sister)

Hopefully we won't be waiting much longer.  We are still waiting to see when our LSC gets to China.  Yulin said her brother has been diligently checking and talking with the lady from CCAA(China Centre of Adoption Affairs) and she said once she has it she will do her best.   The agency has really been trying hard to have this work so we can travel on July 22nd.  So I really hope all of our hard work pays off!

We sent her a good chunk of change today to cover our in China Travel and Accommodations, plus the agency fee, translation fee and Visa application fees.  I feel a bit of relief knowing that at least that part is taken care of, now we just have to worry about flights and the orphanage donation.  Which, might I add the money transfer that I did today pretty much took every last penny that we have saved or received in the last few days.  So what does that mean?  That we need to do as much fundraising as we could possibly do in the last week.  I think this Saturday we will have another car wash/ BBQ and bake sale and see how we do and we are also waiting on another donation, but we have no idea how much to expect.  The funds have never really panicked me and for some strange reason they still aren't.  Maybe it is because I am so panicked over whether we are actually going on the 22nd or not that I haven't had time to stress over the $$.

We are so looking forward to finally holding our girl and getting to know her ON THE 25TH of JULY, that I really don't care how it happens, all I know is that it just needs to happen!!  PUSH!!

1 comment: