Monday, July 11, 2011

Roller-Coasters Are Supposed To Be Fun

Well this past week has definitely be one heck of a roller-coaster ride and not one that I am particularly fond of, but this to shall pass! 

So I am going to make a list; mainly for my own recollection of the things and issues that have arose this past week.
1. Received our Visa Application Form through email.  Had to print it off and fill out, (reminder reread directions before filling in all of the paperwork).
So we needed to print off more copies, to find out that we are out of printer paper and this was at midnight!  So we hopped in the truck to my husbands work to reprint the papers.  Home at 12:30.

2. Get on the first boat Tuesday morning, pick up my son along side of the highway from his grandmother, go to my Dr.s appt about shots, then rush my son over to his orthodontist appt.  We then went to pick up a car seat from my aunts and headed back to the cottage.
I dropped him off and had to rush to Fredericton to get my niece's passport photo, to mail with our passports to FOI.  The Fedex shipments leave at 4 and we arrived at 3:50.  Whew another thing done!  Then I went shopping for things for our trip.

3.  LSC still hadn't arrived anywhere and Yulin is afraid that it will be too tight to fit us in the July 23rd group.  We were a bit stressed over this.

4. Called Gentle path on Thursday morning to see if he knew where it was and he said that Elaine had just received it yesterday and he wouldn't get it until tomorrow. OOOKKKKK  we don't have all that time to wait, so I called Elaine myself and she said if I wanted to come to Fredericton to sign it, then we could.  So Chris came up on the 11 ferry and we headed to Fredericton.  There were some issues with Postal services, but we got it figured out and the letter was mailed Friday.

5. Emailed the agency to see if there anyway to fax or email copies of the letter we just signed to China and that the originals would be there by Tues. or Wed.  So Friday morning Elaine sent the email to them with the info they requested.

6.Saturday morning we wake up and have an email from FOI saying Travel Notes 3 and that there were eight families traveling with the July group.  Including us, so this gave me a glimmer of hope.

7.  Another email stated that they would check on Tuesday or Wed. for our pkg in China and if they found it quickly that Yulin would ask for our Travel Approval to be expedited.  So hears to them finding it quickly.

8.Today Monday, July 11th got an email stating the Purolator tracking # was wrong, so we got a different one that seemed to work I guess. 
Then I get an email from Canada Post stating the pkg that FOI was sending us was going to be delayed for an undetermined amount of time!!!  It's not like we have a lot of time CAnada Post!

So you could say after the last email of something else messing up, I lost it!  There is only so much one can take before you think really, is this how it is.  Paperwork and the Postal Service are the two things right now that are standing in the way of us getting to our daughter who has lived in an orphanage for 2 years of her life.  So ridiculous and unfair, but what can you do other than trust in a God who is SO much BIGGER than any of this nonsense.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great Kim. You are almost there.....you're done to days away from your daughter! DAYS!

    praying for the expediated TA!

    ReplyDelete